Policies & FAQ

Policies & FAQ


All personal orders must be paid in full. Wholesale orders will be paid depending on the order size. Please view Wholesale for more info.

All wholesale orders of $250 or less must be paid in full if it's your first order. Orders over $250 must put down a deposit of 60% of your order total. After order is complete on my end I will send another invoice for the remaining 40%. Order will not be shipped till payment is received in full. 


All orders will be mailed via USPS First Class. Anything that happens during shipment is out of my hands. Please don't hold me responsible for something that the USPS has done. If there are any issues please feel free to contact me at jessicatejera@thewalkingmermaid.com and we will further discuss the matter. 

Please double check your shipping address before finalizing your order. If for some reason you entered the wrong address please message me asap so I can make sure it gets sent to the correct address. Once the item is out of my hands and in the hands of USPS it is very difficult to track it down and change anything to it. Additional charges may occur depending on the situation. 

I am currently shipping to the US and US territories. If you are seeking shiment to another country please contact me before placing your order and we can coordinate a better shipping method for you. 


Wholesale orders and event packages have 7 days to cancel the order. Only 80% of your total will be refunded as during the first week I do a big majority of my work such as placing orders for needed materials, prepping my stones, sea glass, seashells, cutting chains, wires, etc. 

Personal orders have 36 hours to cancel. I am usually pretty quick about shipping out my "Ready To Ship" items. 

I am very leniant about this depending on the situation. I usually do a full refund if I am able to use the materials for another order. If it is a custom order with specific lengths then it is a little harder to do a full refund. We will talk about the order and see where I am at and take it from there. 


I'm sorry but I don't usually accept returns. If for some reason I do accept your return, shipping charges are at your own expense. To further discuss this please message me at jessicatejera@thewalkingmermaid.com with information about your order and as to why you would like for it to be returned. I do not accept returns on any personalized items or custom orders. 


 If for some reason your item is damaged please reach out to me to get a replacement or a fix. You have 4 days after arrival of shipment to contact me about any damage to your piece. I do my best to package all my items so they arrive safe and sound but shipment can be a little rough sometimes. Just send me an email with pictures of the damage, invoice, and envelope for proof. 


I will only use your billing address, shipping address, and contact information to get in touch with you, ship out your order, or for legal reasons. Your information will not be sold or misused in any way. It will be only used for The Walking Mermaid Shop purposes and nothing more. 


All processing times vary depending on the item. Please view each individual item for their respective processing time. Please keep in mind that the processing time does not include shipping time. The processing time is the time I spend completing your order before taking it to the post office for shipment. For "Ready To Ship" items it usually takes 3-5 days to ship out. For custom orders it can take 1-2 weeks to ship out depending on the item. 


I do accept custom orders on the items that I have already made and listed in my shop. If you see something but are looking for a different shell, sea glass, length, etc. then just send me an email with - Subject Line: Custom Order - and your order. You can also view our listings and look for the "Custom" listings to get something specially made just for you. Custom orders can take 1-2 weeks for processing and 3-5 days for shipping if in the US. 


I do accept wholesale orders. Please view our "Where To Buy" page for more details.



I love to do big orders for special events. Whether it is for a bridal shower, wedding, vow renewal, sweet 16 (or quincea~ero), etc. I am down to creating something special just for you and your friends. You can view more details here on my event packages. 

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact me at jessicatejera@thewalkingmermaid.com. I will gladly answer any questions you may have.